Choosing a CRM software for your company can be a weighty decision because a good CRM can make a huge difference to a business. This system keeps track of critically important customer and sales data, which is the bedrock of a business.
CRMs can benefit startups because young companies need to properly nurture early customer relationships. They need to retain customers and grow a loyal user base, particularly if the company operates on recurring revenue.
Startups considering adopting a CRM software should assess the benefits that using a CRM can provide for a small company:
- Reduced cost per sale: You're closing more deals, faster
- Better customer retention: Detailed customer information leads to more personalized service
- More accountability and cohesion among team members: It's easier for individuals to see what other team members are working on
- More insights into customer needs: The performance of marketing campaigns reveals what customers want and need
The choice of CRM software at this stage should involve careful consideration. With fewer users and less data, it's easier to adopt a new software in the early stage of a company. Switching becomes more difficult as you scale. The CRM software that a startup chooses early on may become the framework for their customer management for several years.
However, this important choice can be difficult for startups because of their unique needs. Many startups don't need a lot of CRM functionality right away, nor can they afford a complex solution with comprehensive features. At the same time, a startup may need to utilize more functionality as they scale.
Startups looking into CRM software options should ask themselves the following questions:
- Will you need specific customizations? Do you have a developer on your team who can code these, or do you need the tool to provide an out-of-the-box solution?
- How easy is the CRM to learn and use—particularly if you don't have a CRM expert on your team?
- Can the CRM grow with you, both in capacity and in price?
- Do you need a mobile app, or just a desktop app?
- What processes can the CRM help you automate to free your team's time to focus on growth?
Often times, choosing a CRM for a startup is a balance of price and utility. The best choice for any startup will be one that stays within a team's budget while making their workflow easier and more efficient.
- Nimble CRM
- SalesforceIQ - formerly RelateIQ
- Zoho CRM
Perspectives on Startup CRMs
- No labels